24 minutes and 33 seconds.
This is the first podcast concerning our weekly WAYK Irish Language Night, with fluent speaker and Marylhurst University instructor Bob Burke. WAYK players have come together to “hunt” Bob’s Irish language, and build a roadmap to fluency in Irish. For whatever reason, in the USA we call Irish language “Irish Gaelic”, but in Ireland they just call it “Irish”. This podcast is hosted by Ireland native Patrick Hughes, also the host of the Irish language night. He and WAYK instructor Willem Larsen discuss the progress of the night.
1. TQ: Ultimo
- Ultimo finally happens and speeds everything up.
- Willem reports back from the ultimo circle
- Night without the fluent speaker
2. TQ : Set-Up
- Dark, noise, lots of objects.
- Muddling colours when we got to trading.
3. TQ: Obviously
- Bringing new objects into play.
- Deciding on objects carefully
4. TQ: Technique!
- Trading with two people became like a drill
- Technique talk as a breather
5. TQ: Limit
- How complicated to make ‘Want, Have, Give, Take’ – stay in the present tense?
- The possibilities available if staying in the present
- Chunking it down to the level where everything is coming easy.
6. TQ: Ultimo
- Ultimo new language off so that the fluent speaker’s table is the cutting edge of the language night, to make sure the fluent speaker doesn’t get bored.